Youth Voice, Youth Vote 2022-2023
Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting Process (2022-2023)
- What is Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2)?
- Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2) Frequently Asked Questions
- How is this being funded? Where did the $500,000 come from?
- Who is responsible for managing this process?
- How did youth get involved? What are they responsible for?
- What are the rules? What is the Rulebook?
- How are you collecting ideas and what voting system are you using?
- What can I do for Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting (YV² PB)?
What can I do for Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting (YV² PB)?
Young people ages 13-25 who live, play, pray or go to school within Oregon Senate District 24 or 25 in the last two years have the most power and influence in this participatory budgeting process to identify and select community-driven COVID-19 relief and recovery projects funded by $500,000 in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
The general public, schools, teachers, and community organizations can support this process and future processes in several ways:
- Encourage youth to participate at in-person assemblies and provide transportation
- Encourage youth to participate online
- Have discussions about the value of youth in shaping local, regional, and statewide policies and programs
- Contact Participatory Budgeting Oregon to help propose future PB processes with your elected officials, local governments, and school districts
- Contact your elected officials to adopt participatory budgeting in their upcoming budget cycle