Youth Voice, Youth Vote 2022-2023
Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting Process (2022-2023)
- What is Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2)?
- Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2) Frequently Asked Questions
- How is this being funded? Where did the $500,000 come from?
- Who is responsible for managing this process?
- How did youth get involved? What are they responsible for?
- What are the rules? What is the Rulebook?
- How are you collecting ideas and what voting system are you using?
- What can I do for Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting (YV² PB)?
What are the rules? What is the Rulebook?
The Rulebook is a document that guides this participatory budgeting process. It was developed by a 12-member, all-youth Steering Committee for YV2. These rules describe the process, goals and values, themes to inspire project ideas, participant eligibility, roles, and opportunities for involvement.
Some key guidelines:
- participants have to be between 13 - 25 years old to submit ideas and vote on ideas
- participants have to live, play, pray, or go to school within Oregon Senate District 24 or 25 in the last two years
- projects should fall under one of the 5 eligible project themes: 1) youth health services; 2) housing and homeless services; 3) youth public art; 4) youth recreation and cultural programs; and 5) economic justice