Youth Voice, Youth Vote 2022-2023
Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting Process (2022-2023)
- What is Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2)?
- Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2) Frequently Asked Questions
- How is this being funded? Where did the $500,000 come from?
- Who is responsible for managing this process?
- How did youth get involved? What are they responsible for?
- What are the rules? What is the Rulebook?
- How are you collecting ideas and what voting system are you using?
- What can I do for Youth Voice, Youth Vote Participatory Budgeting (YV² PB)?
What is Youth Voice, Youth Vote (YV2)?
Youth Voice, Youth Vote, or YV² is the first Participatory Budgeting (PB) process in Oregon. As Oregon’s first PB process, YV² invites youth ages 13-25 who live, play, pray or go to school within the boundary (currently, or within the last two years) to design and vote on $500,000 into COVID -19 relief and recovery projects.
The Rulebook, a document that guides this participatory budgeting process, was developed by a 12-member, all-youth Steering Committee for YV². These rules describe the process, goals and values, themes to inspire project ideas, participant eligibility, roles, and opportunities for involvement.